Places to Windsurf
From WindsportAtlanta.com: Wiki
Note: As of 8/17/17, a basic version of the maps are up and they should be useable. We will be updating the files over the next weeks. We appreciate your patience.
Over the years, we've collected a listing of our favorite places to windsurf and kite from around Atlanta to places within a reasonable drive. While you can "windsurf" on most bodies of water, the best windsurfing takes place where it's easy to launch, the wind is clear and not subject to obstructions like trees, mountains, etc, and a large enough area so you can enjoy the speed.
If you have a favorite place that we've missed or our information here is inaccurate, please let us know.
I'm in a Hurry. What's the Quick Answer?
- Marietta (and you don't feel like driving to Lake Lanier):
- Southeast of Atlanta (and you don't feel like driving to Lake Lanier):
- Southwest of Atlanta(and you don't feel like driving to Lake Lanier):
- If in doubt: Van Pugh Park
- Lake Lanier - the most popular local venue
- Allatoona Lake - not as big or popular as Lanier but closer for many
- Lake Juliette - the southside alternative
- Atlanta Area - includes other area alternatives
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
By Wind Direction