From WindsportAtlanta.com: Wiki
Windsurfing and Kiteboarding on Lake James
Lake James is a smaller lake in western NC. There are limited launches. See below for some suggestions.
Recommended Wind Directions
According to Jose Bartok of the Charlotte Club
- Hwy 126 Boat landing (ed. note: maybe Canal Bridge on Google Maps) (Linville Gorge). There is a little beach in the North side.
- At the end of the road of Rock Hill St (Lake James Park). Nice beach and restrooms.
Water is cooler than Lake Norman, but it is not bad from now until November.
If you need specific information or want to meet up with the local crew, check out the Charlotte Windsurfing Facebook Group
Map Key will be arriving shortly.
Maps in this Wiki
- Alabama Map
- Alabama North Tennessee Valley Map
- Allatoona Lake
- Atlanta Area Map
- Florida East Central Map
- Florida Panhandle East Map
- Florida Panhandle West Map
- Florida South Map
- Florida West Central Map
- Georgia Map
- Lake Lanier Map
- Lake Lanier Underwater Contour Maps
- Southeast Map
- TBC Map of North Carolina
- Tennessee East Map