Anybody doing a board project?

Last post
2
rgenet
Roland
webguy's picture
webguy
Online
Joined: 12/31/2000 - 22:01
Posts: 10839
Anybody doing a board project?

Bunch of styrofoam in 4x4 blocks. I may go get some later this week for ... reasons. Biggrin

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mat/d/atlanta-eps-styrofoam-panels-foam/7192062705.html

Some of them are thick enough to build a board with only one seam. Ideally, you'd do no seams but those blocks are expensive are harder to find.

2 Like
HamdiD
Offline
Joined: 10/08/2018 - 10:32
Posts: 284
Re: Anybody doing a board project?
webguy wrote:

Bunch of styrofoam in 4x4 blocks. I may go get some later this week for ... reasons

Should you be making large (item) purchases like these while taking pain killers? Or make such plans while taking anesthetics? 😀

Hope all is well !

0 Like
webguy's picture
webguy
Online
Joined: 12/31/2000 - 22:01
Posts: 10839
Re: Anybody doing a board project?
HamdiD wrote:
webguy wrote:

Bunch of styrofoam in 4x4 blocks. I may go get some later this week for ... reasons

Should you be making large (item) purchases like these while taking pain killers? Or make such plans while taking anesthetics? 😀

Hope all is well !

Currently driving around the block. Seems like a sensible thing to do while on painkillers. Lol

1 Like
HamdiD
HamdiD
Offline
Joined: 10/08/2018 - 10:32
Posts: 284
Re: Anybody doing a board project?

Hope all is well !

Currently driving around the block.

Is that some sort of a metaphor related to the styrofoam blocks OR you were literally driving around (if so, why?), OR the anesthetics talking? 😊

Hope all is well and I will catch you when not driving anymore, I hope.

0 Like
FoilDodo's picture
FoilDodo
Offline
Joined: 03/19/2008 - 23:50
Posts: 2122
Re: Anybody doing a board project?

This one is a little challenging Wacko - restoring an Equipe. Fairing, sanding & painting. Then a new gasket. Hoping to have it ready to loan for the Fall Classic Good

3 Like
HamdiD
Langdon
webguy
webguy's picture
webguy
Online
Joined: 12/31/2000 - 22:01
Posts: 10839
Re: Anybody doing a board project?
FoilDodo wrote:

This one is a little challenging Wacko - restoring an Equipe. Fairing, sanding & painting. Then a new gasket. Hoping to have it ready to loan for the Fall Classic Good

A classic worth restoring. Well done, sir. If you need supplies... I know someone. Biggrin Glassing on the Starboard resumes tomorrow and it looks like the Exocet will need some revision as the mast track is about 10-15cm too far forward (and that's before the saw hits it).

0 Like