Sunday September 4th

Last post
SupSurfXcursions's picture
SupSurfXcursions
Offline
Joined: 12/30/2019 - 14:46
Posts: 182
Sunday September 4th

Morning
Rich & I were trying to decide whether this morning might have a decent chance. Lots of rain & storms headed for this afternoon but we thought maybe this morning might have a shot. Any thoughts? Anybody else thinking of trying?
Neil

0 Like
HamdiD
Online
Joined: 10/08/2018 - 10:32
Posts: 628
Re: Sunday September 4th

I am heading up towards Vanns with mtn bike and windsurf gear on hand. With the fx, I am thinking using the latter at Charleston Park (close to Vanns) is much more likely but will see - maybe for featherweights, which I certainly am not.

Edit: looking at fx more, I decided windsports is hopeless for me today and ended up coming to blankets creek near Altoona. The pic here seems to indicate I chose wisely but maybe Lanier is doing better - hope so for those who venture out. Heading to Turkey this evening for 2 weeks - maybe will get lucky with wind there (mainly family visit, wind will be added perk but not the main attraction).

0 Like
Barrett's picture
Barrett
Offline
Joined: 12/23/2003 - 23:07
Posts: 3090
Re: Sunday September 4th

Enjoy your vacation to Turkey. We'd enjoy seeing a few photos if you get wind.

Barrett

2 Like
webguy
HamdiD
HamdiD
Online
Joined: 10/08/2018 - 10:32
Posts: 628
Re: Sunday September 4th
Barrett wrote:

Enjoy your vacation to Turkey. We'd enjoy seeing a few photos if you get wind.

Thank you Barrett! First day in Turkey, hit the beach already and currently sipping tea at my mom’s balcony which is a stone throw from the fishing/sailing pier in Sinop. Decent breeze for foiling but no such sports have made it to small cities on the Black Sea coast. Saw a couple doubles skulls thiugh. I will be at Turkey’s premium windsurf place (Alaçatı) by the end of the week.

2 Like
webguy
channeysurfer