I'm sad...

Last post
webguy's picture
webguy
Online
Joined: 12/31/2000 - 22:01
Posts: 11604
I'm sad...

This weather - rain, rain, rain - but no wind. Miss getting on the water and miss you guys and gals.

0 Like
toolman3336
Offline
Joined: 07/20/2018 - 19:40
Posts: 53
Re: I'm sad...

Me too. It’s a good thing Sarah McLaughlin isn’t a windsurfer etc. we have been having 7.5 sailing conditions in s e fl and some lightning and rain. Wings and wind foils are enjoying sea breeze most days lately. Come join the fun

1 Like
webguy
HamdiD
Online
Joined: 10/08/2018 - 10:32
Posts: 416
Re: I'm sad...

I say we need an alternate sports that could pull together at least some portion of the guys and gals on windless days. Hiking, mountain biking, kayaking, SUP…?

Maybe add a forum page under windsportatlanta - ‘windlesssportatlanta’ or ‘wind-alternate sports atlanta’?

I know that my earlier suggestions for additional forum pages didn’t gain much traction but I (humbly) think this is a winner!? Besides, 3 times is a charm, right? Or is it 3 strikes out - banned from the webpage for harassing the administrator?😒

Come on webguy, this may not cure all your windless blues but will address some of your complaints? 😁

0 Like
Langdon
Online
Joined: 04/19/2016 - 18:03
Posts: 1034
Re: I'm sad...

Put some miles on that new van.

Tybee looks to have some breeze this weekend

1 Like
channeysurfer
moredownhaul's picture
moredownhaul
Offline
Joined: 05/10/2007 - 07:28
Posts: 1308
Re: I'm sad...
webguy wrote:

This weather - rain, rain, rain - but no wind. Miss getting on the water and miss you guys and gals.

Me too, It may be a good time to use those Catalinas collecting dust and spiders.

7/23-24 is looking good at Huguenot. A bit to far off to commit to a trip but watching it.

1 Like
FoilDodo
moredownhaul's picture
moredownhaul
Offline
Joined: 05/10/2007 - 07:28
Posts: 1308
Re: I'm sad...
HamdiD wrote:

Maybe add a forum page under windsportatlanta - ‘windlesssportatlanta’ or ‘wind-alternate sports atlanta’?

I second this motion. I know Gene is going to be looking for cycling hookups soon too.

1 Like
HamdiD
Langdon
Online
Joined: 04/19/2016 - 18:03
Posts: 1034
Re: I'm sad...

We could take Gene's and Moredownhaul's Laser's out and race around the buoys at OF. We may need a crew of 4 per boat ( some may have to row)

Or... drag longboards out

2 Like
moredownhaul
FoilDodo
moredownhaul's picture
moredownhaul
Offline
Joined: 05/10/2007 - 07:28
Posts: 1308
Re: I'm sad...

I got a sailing mini fix Monday with the surfski . Hit 4.5 on a downwinder with a golf umbrella. Biggrin

0 Like
FoilDodo's picture
FoilDodo
Online
Joined: 03/19/2008 - 23:50
Posts: 2249
Re: I'm sad...

There are at least 3 Catalina 25s among us. I suggest we each get a crew of wind-starved windsporters and jump in to a Wednesday night race.
Also, how about a Learn to Windsurf Day so we'll have new peeps to unload sell our old crappy stuff quality used gear to. Good

4 Like
moredownhaul
Langdon
HamdiD
AWD_Tiger
webguy's picture
webguy
Online
Joined: 12/31/2000 - 22:01
Posts: 11604
Re: I'm sad...

It's not like I don't have stuff to do - I'm riding about 90-100 miles a week. It's that I'd really rather be out foiling. Ripping it on West Point last Saturday was so much fun, I want to do it again (and again). Thanks for the suggestions for all the alternative activities. I've got a Cat 25 that needs to be cleaned up (and a deck at the house that needs oil and grass cut and...)

0 Like
moredownhaul's picture
moredownhaul
Offline
Joined: 05/10/2007 - 07:28
Posts: 1308
Re: I'm sad...
FoilDodo wrote:

There are at least 3 Catalina 25s among us. I suggest we each get a crew of wind-starved windsporters and jump in to a Wednesday night race. Also, how about a Learn to Windsurf Day so we'll have new peeps to unload sell our old crappy stuff quality used gear to. Good

Wednesday’s are good for me
Just need crew.

3 Like
Langdon
FoilDodo
AWD_Tiger
AWD_Tiger's picture
AWD_Tiger
Offline
Joined: 04/26/2018 - 15:50
Posts: 84
Re: I'm sad...
moredownhaul wrote:
FoilDodo wrote:

There are at least 3 Catalina 25s among us. I suggest we each get a crew of wind-starved windsporters and jump in to a Wednesday night race. Also, how about a Learn to Windsurf Day so we'll have new peeps to unload sell our old crappy stuff quality used gear to. Good

Wednesday’s are good for me Just need crew.

I just participated in my first wed night race as crew on a C&C 36. It was a great time!

What’s the ideal number of crew for a Catalina 25?

2 Like
HamdiD
moredownhaul
webguy's picture
webguy
Online
Joined: 12/31/2000 - 22:01
Posts: 11604
Re: I'm sad...
2 Like
FoilDodo
moredownhaul
moredownhaul's picture
moredownhaul
Offline
Joined: 05/10/2007 - 07:28
Posts: 1308
Re: I'm sad...
AWD_Tiger wrote:

I just participated in my first wed night race as crew on a C&C 36. It was a great time!

What’s the ideal number of crew for a Catalina 25?

2 or 3 would work good.

2 Like
AWD_Tiger
FoilDodo
Randy's picture
Randy
Online
Joined: 05/05/2002 - 10:38
Posts: 4269
Re: I'm sad...

Quit whinning. Gilmer shows Dot on Friday.......

What happens in a black hole stays in a black hole.

0 Like
webguy's picture
webguy
Online
Joined: 12/31/2000 - 22:01
Posts: 11604
Re: I'm sad...
Randy wrote:

Quit whinning. Gilmer shows Dot on Friday.......

My long range forecast is wind Saturday afternoon. I have an inescapable family commitment. You're welcome.

0 Like
Randy's picture
Randy
Online
Joined: 05/05/2002 - 10:38
Posts: 4269
Re: I'm sad...

Well those dots were fun while they lasted.

What happens in a black hole stays in a black hole.

0 Like